- The Project
- Autism is
- News & Media
RO: Blijdorp Association Romania
Blijdorp Association was founded in 1999 and it members are Belgians and Romanians.
The goal of association is to offer social services for disabled persons.
In 2002 they opened a therapeutically center for children with severe and moderate disabilities.
The name of the center is “Blijdorp – A New Life” Suceava.
The mission is to give support, recovery, educational and family counseling services.
Is the first institution in the area which offers an alternative recovery programme aimed for families with one or more disabled children.
The Day Center for children, opened in 2002, was build and equipped using finance from the Flemish Government and Blijdorp Belgium Association.
Also with collaboration with the County Council, the Local Council of Suceava town and General Directorate of Social Assistance and Child Protection Suceava.
The Day Center for children has a 30 places capacity for severe and mildly disabled children, aged between 3 to 14 years old.
The material base used for training: 5 groups, 2 psychological practices, kinetotherapy and speech therapy practices, snoezel-room, hydrotherapy room, melotherapy room, sensorial integration room, social worker practice, medical care room, all the beneficiaries having access to them.
The Day Center for adults, opened in 2013 within the reorganisation of a day center for young people opened in 2008, has a capacity of 20 places, for severe and mildly disabled adults.
In the present we have 2 adults with autism and in the center for children 2 beneficiaries who will become adults this year and 17 autistic children with age between 6 – 13 years old.
- Stimulation of social independence by respecting social rules and living together in group, also and social initiative.
- The program of the workshop and participation at this at desire and potential of the adult: pottery, weaving workshop, new paper, personal care, practical skills, sensory stimulation, IT, gardening.
- Education for life through role games, sexual education
- Ergo therapy, occupational therapy, psychomotor education, socializes activities in community.
- Day Center (1999 – 2002) construction and equipment
- Project “Access” (2003), financed by Phare
- Founding the first mobile team in Romania (1 speech therapist, 1 psychologist, 1 social assistant, 2 kinetic therapist) having as aim helping families with children with disabilities from Suceava County
- Founding Parents Association with children with special needs
- Improvement of the kinetic therapy hall, kitchen equipment (2003) project financed by Rotary clubs: RC Bucovina Suceava and RC AALST North Belgium
- Improvement and equipment the hydrotherapy, equipment Snoezel Room (2004)
- Improvement outdoor space for gardening (2006) Association Blijdorp Belgium
- Day Center for children/youngsters (2006 – 2008) mansard and equipment, project financed by Association Blijdorp Belgium, Parents Association with children with special needs, Rotary Clubs
- Purchase of an mini bus with 20+1 seats (2007), founder Vodafone Foundation Romania
- Improvement of sensory integration room for the autistic children (2010)
- Placing permanent exhibition sale The Happy Village (2011)
- Arrangement of the playground, founder Baumax Suceava (2011)
The team of the center is composed by: psychologist, psycho pedagogue, speech therapist, kinetic therapist, social assistant, specialized educator, recovery pedagogue, medical assistant, caretaker, and administrative staff.